The Michigan state house recently passed Michigan House Bill 4348, 97-10. This bill is now scheduled for a hearing in the Senate Health Policy and Human Services Committee this Thursday, June 17. We need your help. Please contact the members of the Senate Committee on Health Policy and Human Services and urge them to support this legislation.
House Bill 4348 will:
- prohibit PBMs from reimbursing pharmacies affiliated with the PBM more than non-affiliate pharmacies
- prohibit patient steering to PBM-owned pharmacies
- prohibit retroactive clawbacks
- require reimbursements be based on the National Average Drug Acquisition Cost, an objective benchmark that accurately reflects the true market costs for Michigan pharmacies
- establish fair audit procedures for community pharmacies.
With your prompt action and support, we can get HB 4348 passed. Write or call your senator today.
Members of the Senate Committee on Health Policy and Human Services
Curtis VanderWall (R) Chair- (517) 373-1725
John Bizon (R) Majority Vice Chair- (517) 373-2426
Ruth Johnson (R)- (517) 373-1636
Kimberly LaSata (R)- (517) 373-6960
Michael MacDonald (R)- (517) 373-7315
Lana Theis (R)- (517)- 373-2420
Winnie Brinks (D) Minority Vice Chair- 517-373-1801
Curtis Hertel (D)- 517-373-1734
Sylvia Santana (D)- 517-373-0990
Paul Wojno (D)- 517-373-8360