State of the Industry & Legislative Update
SVP of Government Relations
Independent Pharmacy Cooperative
To educate attendees concerning recent federal and state government policy decisions and how the new laws/regulations will impact the practice of pharmacy.
- Review registration and billing requirements for the administration of Covid-19 testing and vaccine administration.
- Discuss the implications of the U.S. Supreme Court review of Rutledge v. PCMA and the potential impact on existing and future state PBM regulation.
- Examine legal and federal legislative efforts to remove pharmacy Direct and Indirect Remuneration (DIR) in the Medicare Part D Program.
- Review state legislative and regulatory developments relating to Medicaid Managed Care, PSAO regulation and drug importation.
- Examine opportunities for pharmacies under newly expanded scope of practice and compensation models.